SLHS membership is open to individuals, organisations, libraries, academic and other institutions. To join the society please complete the online membership form.
Current UK subscription rates are:
- Individuals (waged/salaried) - £20.00
- Individuals (unwaged & students) - £13.00
- Organisations (online only) - £30.00
- Organisations (online & print) - £48.00
- A special discounted subscription rate of £30.00 is available to Scottish Trades Union Councils.
For those wishing to pay by post, cheques should be made payable to "Scottish Labour History Society”. Please send to: Robert Laurie, SLHS Treasurer, 201 Alberta Avenue, East Kilbride, G75 8HU.
For those wishing to pay by bank transfer, our account details are: Co-operative Bank, Sort Code 08-92-99, Account Number 65474464.
The Scottish Labour History Society is now able to offer membership of the Society directly via the website to people around the world, enabling them to receive the printed journal by post, monthly e-newsletters, and enjoy access to digital copies of back issues, individual articles and other material. The subscription also includes the opportunity to read a pdf version of the current journal online.
Current International subscription rates are:
- Individuals (waged/salaried) - £30.00
- Individuals (unwaged & students) - £22.00
- Individuals (online only) - £13.00
- Individuals (online & print) - £20.00
These rates will remain in force until the end of 2022, when they may be subject to an increase, depending on any changes in postal rates by Royal Mail.
Printed journals, which are usually despatched in November, are sent using Royal Mail’s ‘International Economy’ postage rate, and typically take
- Up to two weeks for western Europe,
- Up to five weeks for eastern Europe
- Up to six weeks for North America
- Up to eight weeks for South America, Africa & Asia
- Up to twelve weeks for Australia
Members are reminded to inform the Society of any changes of address, phone number or email address.